We have skilled, knowledgeable, and highly professional Registered Electrical Inspectors to take care of any inspection requirement you may have. Our goal is to make the electrical inspection process an easy and straight forward experience that allows you to focus your time and energy on what you would rather be doing.
We offer the following types of electrical inspections:
- Record of Inspection
- Certificate of Periodic Verification
- Warrant of Electrical Fitness
- Pre-Purchase Electrical Inspection
- Thermal Imaging Inspection
Record of Inspection
All Prescribed Electrical Work that falls under the High Risk category must be inspected by a Registered Electrical Inspector and have a Record of Inspection certificate issued.
- Reliable service
- Professional Inspectors
- Communication is core focus (you need to know when we will be there so you can get on with running your business)
- Electronic or Paper copies of COC’s are easily handled.
- Prompt issuance of ROI and invoice so you can ensure all costs on your jobs are accurately recorded.
- Auckland region
Certificate of Periodic Verification
Do you need an electrical certification of your property (commercial or residential) to satisfy your Insurance Company or Auckland Council? Has your power been off for more than 6 months and do you need a Certificate of Periodic Verification? Our electrical inspectors can test your electrical installation and provide a Certification of Periodic Verification to meet these requirements.
Has work been done at your home and you have no record of a Certificate of Compliance from the Electrician who completed the works? We can help.
Will Council not provide final code of compliance without Certification from an Electrician? Give our team a call, or contact us via our website
Landlord or Property Manager? You have obligations to ensure the ongoing electrical safety of the dwelling you own or manage. We can offer an electrical check of the electrical installation at your property, issue a report of any works recommended, and a Certificate of Verification for your records showing your ongoing commitment to the electrical safety of the dwelling.
Need an inspection of your business premises for your insurance company? We can help.
Many insurance companies are insisting upon a periodic verification of the electrical installation in commercial premises as part of their insurance renewal process. Our skilled and professional Auckland based electrical inspectors can look after this for you ensuring minimal disruption for you and your team and prompt and efficient service.
Caravan Parks & Marinas
The electrical installation in Caravan Parks and Boat Marina’s need to have a verification carried out by an Electrical Inspector and a Certificate of Periodic Verification issued every 5 years.
We can look after this for you and set up reminders to prompt you when your next verification is due
Electric Vehicle Chargers
Any electrical vehicle charger that can be accessed by the public (ie in a non-domestic situation) must be periodically inspected and certified every 12 months. We can do this for you and set up reminders to prompt you when your next inspection is due
Warrant of Electrical Fitness
Recreational Vehicles (such as caravans, motorhomes, RVs, Boats etc) and Relocatable buildings that can be connected to an electricity supply (be it generator or mains power) must be regularly checked for electrical safety. A Warrant of Electrical Fitness needs to be issued every 4 years.
Our electrical inspectors can take care of this for you and issue a reminder nearer to the time when your next Warrant of Electrical Fitness is due
Pre-Purchase Electrical Inspection
An pre-purchase electrical inspection prior to buying a home can be used to identify any dangerous and unsafe electrical parts of the installation that may be costly to repair once the property has been purchased. Having this inspection done before you buy enables you to better negotiate the price, or have the repairs fixed by the seller before you take ownership of the property.
We will supply you with a detailed electrical report. We can provide a quotation for any necessary repairs to rectify any faulty unsafe wiring or equipment. This report can then be used to negotiate the price of the property.
This small amount of money can save you thousands of dollars in unforeseen electrical repairs in the future. This comprehensive pre purchase inspection will give you peace of mind and help you to make the decision on whether or not to purchase the home. Most importantly an electrical inspection can save a life or remove the potential risk of damage to the property.
Our pre-purchase electrical inspection consists of the following:
- Are the circuit breakers of appropriate size for the cable being protected? Are there RCDs installed?
- Check the condition of the electrical switchboard. Is it damaged? Is the switchboard correctly labelled?
- Inspect the meter box, and check safety switch(es) are installed. Ensure safety switches, circuit breakers, isolators and fuses show no evidence of mechanical damage.
- Check the type and condition of cabling where we are able to see the cable.
- Is there a Multiple Earthed Neutral (MEN) connection between neutral and earth at the main switchboard?
- Check earthing system to eliminate risk of electrocution. Do the exposed portions of the earth electrode show evidence of corrosion, damage or poor connection of the main earthing conductor?
- Check power points, switches and lights to ensure they are operating correctly. Do they show any evidence of mechanical damage or evidence of undue overheating or arcing?
- Check electrical fittings in damp areas have the appropriate IP rating.
- Specialised electrical system tests carried out as per ASNZS3019 Periodic Verification standard
- Advise of any other potential problems in electrical system.
Thermal Imaging Inspection
We offer Thermal Imaging inspection and report services. This is a common request from insurance companies and can assist with the identification of any potential safety issues at a distribution board.